Location: United States of America (remote)
Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
As Software Security Architect, you will be responsible for commercial software product development for a core, high growth Rockwell Automation control system product line. This is an industry-leading industrial automation software product that has won numerous awards for innovation and usability.
The Software Security Architect will play a crucial role in setting the strategy and technical direction applied to ensuring that our data and applications, as well as customers intellectual property remain secure. The role will be responsible for working within our Software Architecture team to ensure that all software platforms and services conform to disciplined, industry best practices for information security. A successful candidate for this position must possess both deep and wide background in information security being applied across a wide breadth of technologies spanning both solutions built on traditional platforms and more modern deployments on "open" technology stacks.
- Security architect will take a lead role in defining and assessing System/Client security Architecture, strategy, and practices to support business objectives and risk management strategies. He or she will work with other Software architects to ensure that information security is fully integrated into systems architecture
- Responsibilities include collaborating with and influencing multiple cross-functional teams, as well as technical leadership of a large development team or leading technical aspects of a multi-team project.
- Determines security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates.
- Lead security systems by monitoring security environment; identifying security gaps; evaluating and implementing enhancements.
- Gain an understanding of our Current State and Target State Architecture and responsibility to define solution-level security architecture for project and work with Software Architecture team on reviews and conformance to Rockwell Automation security standards
- Work directly with Engineering teams to enable successful project implementation applying the recommended security tools, technologies and techniques
- Stay up to date on new tools & techniques in the information security space
- Conduct proof-of-concept activities with key business users in support of advanced use cases
- This position can be performed remotely from any US location
- This base salary compensation pay range for this role in Colorado is $132,480- $165,600 with an annual target bonus of 8% of base salary.
- This position is part of a job family. Experience will be the determining factor.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar technical discipline
- Master's degree in Information Security preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of combined related work experience in Information Security, Networking or Cloud architecture or engineering in architecting, designing and developing large-scale security solutions utilizing a mixture of hardware and software technologies
- Experience building security architectures for applications deployed on or with the following technologies: MFC, Java, .Net, Linux, Microsoft Windows, Web and Cloud technologies with strong focus on SaaS Multi-tenant environment.
- Expert-level experience with encryption technologies and techniques, threat modeling and user control policies
- Ability to build risk models and analyze security weaknesses in complex technology deployments
- Deep technical expertise in evaluating and designing security controls for complex systems in an enterprise environment.
- Experience working with Engineering teams on specifying secure application requirements following Security Development Lifecycle and Design for Security practice
- Exceptional communication skills capable of articulating technically advanced issues to all audiences.
- One or more recognized Industry certification preferred: ISA/IEC 62443, CISSP, CCSP etc.
- Experience with Industrial Automation platforms/services and applications is considered a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).