We believe in quality ingredients - and not just for our food. Our most valuable ingredient - the heart of our business - is you.
Sodexo is seeking a Chef Manager for Regions Hospital located in Saint Paul, MN.
The Chef Manager will report directly to the Executive Chef 3 and will manage the back of the house team for Sodexo's Food and Nutrition operations on-site at Regions Hospital. Regions is licensed for 550 beds and we are typically serving 1600+ meals a day for patients. This is a high volume, fast-paced kitchen. The Food Production Manager will manage a team of approximately 40 cooks and prep staff and will be responsible for hiring, training, and development of the team. Typical schedule is 11:00am-8:00pm with rotating weekend coverage.
The successful candidate will:
- implement and standardize all culinary systems and procedures for the hospital: Catering, Retail menus, Mindful program, garnishing, panning charts, production, puree standardization, FMS sheets, inventory control, HACCP, cleaning schedules, staffing plans, presentation and quality of food, kitchen cleanliness, safety, etc. Sodexo standards will be the benchmark;
- monitor, audits, implementation and standardization for new menus;
- be responsible for Food and Physical Safety and annual training for all hourly associates;
- be responsible for Gold Check audits: conduct audits, create action plans based on audit findings. Responsible for keeping and updating audit books;
- work with vendors on procurement items. Responsible for purchasing and purchasing financial audits;
- continue sustainability program with the direction of Director;
- improve and standardize catering and banquet services, create menus based on client needs;
- implement innovative and fresh ideas in retail, catering and patient services;
- create interpersonal relationships with clients in hospital.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong background in managing processes in the kitchen and using corporate programs
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- strong management skills and previous experience working in a high-volume facility;
- production culinary background, ideally in a hospital/retail/catering environment;
- experience leading and engaging a culinary team, with exceptional human resource and supervisory/management skillset;
- menu planning experience and a strong understanding of current culinary trends;
- proven to effectively communicate to multiple audiences and develop strong relationships with customers;
- the ability to multitask and proven effectiveness in a high-standards driven environment;
- a strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts;
- the ability to successfully lead, develop and train a team;
- proficient computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills;
- Servsafe certified as well as working knowledge of HACCP and experience with Health and Safety audits
Learn more about Regions Hospital at https://www.healthpartners.com/care/hospitals/regions/
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.