*RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE*
Sodexo Universities Segment is seeking an Executive Chef 3 - Athletic Performance / Training Table for Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, VA. The Executive Chef supervises and supports all aspects of food production for Virginia Tech's state of the art Student Athlete Performance Center for roughly 550 student athletes including menu planning, recipe design, and food preparation to ensure client, customer, athletic satisfaction, and site retention. Serves as culinary technical expert and trainer for other culinary staff in performance nutrition, while working synergistically with the operations team. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through the implementation of services and creation of opportunities for growth.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience leading a culinary program, familiar with new account openings, and exhibit passion around training and developing culinary staff.
Virginia Tech has a 2,600-acre main campus in Blacksburg, Virginia; a significant presence across the commonwealth, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia, the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke, and sites in Newport News and Richmond; educational and research facilities across the state; a study-abroad site in Switzerland; and a 1,800-acre agriculture research farm near the main campus.
The campus proper is located in the New River Valley and is 38 miles southwest of Roanoke.
The successful candidate will:
- fulfill contractual obligations to the client, while maintaining strong collaboration with the AAD (Associate Athletic Director for Nutrition programs);
- helps develop and support educational efforts, working in close collaboration with the AD, AAD, and athletic staff;
- provide personalized meal and snack plans to promote achieving short-and-long-term goals for athletic performance, and good health;
- be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production forecasting;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations;
- ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance; and/or
- have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards;
- strong coaching and employee development skills; and/or
- have a passion for food and innovation.
Learn more about VA Polytechnic Institute and State University at https://vt.edu/
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.