You see opportunities rather than problems. Share your vision and inspire others.
Sodexo is seeking a General Manager 3 to oversee the Food and Nutrition Services Department at USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center in Los Angeles, CA. USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center is a major regional and national resource for cancer research, treatment, prevention, education, and community engagement.
The National Cancer Institute (NCI) has designated the USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center as one of the nation's 51 comprehensive cancer centers, a select group of institutions providing leadership in cancer treatment, research, prevention, and education.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions, retail and patient services.
- Maintains cash control and payroll records.
- Hires and trains unit personnel
Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations
Manages through managers and is
accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a client account
Develop strategic plans to create a positive
environment and has a work history
demonstrating strong leadership skills as well
as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively
Culinary production experience and a strong
background in safety and sanitation compliance
The ideal candidate:
- represents a proven track record of developing and executing plans that drive results
- exemplifies professional communication skills and a passion for a high level of customer service
- possesses a working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management Systems (FMS) and Market Connections (MSC), and is proficient in computer skills and report management
- has experience in the retail industry; driving sales and customer satisfaction
- actively partners with community leaders to support outreach opportunities
- upholds food and physical safety standards compliant with HACCP and all regulatory requirements for food service establishments (Department of Health Services, etc.,)
- develops and leads a diverse team through team building, coaching and accountability
- fosters a culture of innovation and empowerment (remaining current on industry trends- Health, Wellness, Sustainability, etc.,)
- embodies a Zero Harm mindset
- To meet California requirement, candidates need a Background as Registered Dietitian, Diet Technician Registered, Certified Dietary Manager or have a Bachelor's Degree in Dietetics, Nutrition or a similar B.S. degree desirable.
Learn more about USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center visit uscnorriscancer
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management and Catering positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Catering. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.