Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Posted: Oct 12, 2021
Role Number: 200299568
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, we believe new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The people here at Apple we don't just create products - we create the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it!
- Engineering degree with a minimum of 2+ years of experience in automation/manufacturing.
- Experience with machine design, machine vision, and precision dispense/actuation
- New product introduction development cycle experience, with high volume manufacturing a plus
- Understands machine qualification criteria, design of experiments, and failure analysis
- Understands tolerance analysis, process capability, and six sigma principles
- Understands machine qualification including calibration, correlation, capability, repeatability, and reproducibility
- Shows strong project management skills, with experience leading 3rd party suppliers
- Able to communicate effectively in a worldwide environment
- International travel up to 40%
- Responsible for designing precision assembly and measurement equipment for Apple product manufacturing lines. - Works with engineering teams to drive design for manufacturability and define assembly/test requirements. Works as the liaison between product designers and the factory - Organize cross-functional reviews of the requirements, design, qualification and capability - Create Request for Quotation/Proposal (RFQ/RFPs) that details the design requirements of the automated equipment, delivery schedule, required documentation and qualification for acceptance at machine supplier facility and contract manufacturer's factory - Solicit proposals from multiple international vendors/suppliers, down selecting the best candidates based on design and vendor capability - Provide direction and mentorship to machine/automation suppliers and/or CM's; be the technical leader and driver on owned projects; serve as a technical resource to other engineering groups and project leaders - Travel to the machine supplier and contract manufacturer for equipment bring-up, qualification, acceptance testing and support during build events - Scale automated and semi- automated solutions to support high volume manufacturing at multiple sites. - Drive machine qualification including correlation, process capability (CP/CPK) and Gage Repeatability / Reproducibility (GR&R) - Drive failure analysis and machine issue resolution when working with machine suppliers and contract manufacturers - Ability to travel internationally up to 40% - Run equipment experiments to bound the capability of the machine - Responsible for data analysis reports to communicate machine capability to the multi-functional teams - Performs assignments in several of the following manufacturing engineering functions: - Design for Manufacturability - Provide early and on going manufacturing involvement to ensure new products are mechanically manufacturable. - Product Engineering - Works all phases of a product from concept to repeat manufacturing to end of life. Provides production support engineering with respect to technically complex testing methods, procedures and failure analysis. - Process Engineering - Designs and develops technically complex processes to improve quality and efficiency. Apply statistical tools (such as GR&R, SPC and Cp/pCk) to ensure processes/fixtures are scalable and are continuing to perform properly once qualified. - Failure/Data Analysis - Plans, develops and implements technically complex procedures for the testing and evaluation of soon to be released products. Specifies test to be performed, compiles data and makes recommendations for product design changes and final assembly standards. This will include the use of Design of Experiments (DOE) and statistical analysis using Six Sigma principles.
Education & Experience
- - Software usage of Excel, JMP, Keynote for the purpose of analyzing data and compiling reports into clear and concise presentations.
- - Working knowledge of SolidWorks or other 3D CAD software to enable manipulation of the data files as needed to build RFP's.
- - Ability to read and interpret 2D drawings/CAD with GDT format.
- - Complete understanding of Cp/CpK and GRR for bringing up and qualifying fixtures.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.