AI/ML - Backend Software Development Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Machine Learning and AI
Posted: Oct 12, 2021
Role Number: 200299550
Are you looking for a great opportunity to work with a deeply technical team supporting the most exciting virtual assistant in the world? Join us and help solve complex problems with a direct impact on the success of the company! AI/ML is looking for a highly motivated, ambitious, and experienced full stack or backend developer with a background in building scalable backend services and data processing tools. You'll enjoy writing software to measure and improve the high quality of machine learning systems. You will work closely with NL and ML teams as we design tools for large-scale execution systems and new evaluation metrics, and help craft the end-to-end pipelines that powers Apple's machine learning platform.
- 5+ years of experience.
- Strong programming and software engineering skills.
- Experience designing and implementing large-scale data and compute-intensive pipelines and associated tools.
- Proficiency in Python, Java, and REST backend services.
- Experience with web frameworks (e.g., Spring) and SQL-based data stores (e.g., Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Experience in Swift, Objective-C language is a plus.
- Experience with Kubernetes, HDFS, Solr, and AWS is a plus.
- Experience in deep learning and related toolkits (e.g. Tensorflow, PyTorch) is a plus.
Design and implement tools, scripts, and pipelines focused on the evaluation of natural language algorithms and machine learning models with a focus on their impact on Apple's machine learning solutions. Work directly with the NL and ML teams that comprise the different stages of machine learning development and execution. Build metrics-intensive systems that have a quantifiable impact on Apple machine learning solutions and resulting user experiences.
Education & Experience