Experience Strategy Director, Interactive
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Oct 11, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200298095
Marcom is Apple's Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple's marketing, including retail marketing and digital commerce. We believe strongly in the intersection of great strategy and great design. The strategy team at Marcom is looking for a digital product & experience strategy director. This senior role sits at the intersection of our retail and interactive teams. They will lead the strategic evolution of our digital commerce platforms, making them the best place to discover and buy Apple's products. If you know how to lead multi-disciplinary teams through the entirety of the human-centered design process; if you're deeply knowledgable about the ways in which customers use digital channels to explore, choose and buy; if you want to help pioneer the next generation of digital retail; and if you relish the opportunity to lead the strategic evolution of a platform that millions of people visit every day; we want you on our team.
- You have 15 years of significant experience in experience strategy or service design with particular focus on digital commerce.
- You have overseen and executed digital product strategy at scale, and understand the technical and business complexities of digital transformation initiatives.
- You are passionate about customer representation; have strong knowledge of research approaches including quantitative and qualitative market research, and can synthesize and simplify large quantities of data into meaningful insights and journeys.
- You are proficient in analytics, usability tests, and other forms of qualitative and quantitative feedback, and can translate them into impactful briefs for experience designers.
- You can analyze behavioral data alongside our data science team, designing both long-term and short-term solutions based on that data.
- You have an entrepreneurial attitude, are comfortable with ambiguity, and are passionate about innovation.
- You are a resourceful creative collaborator, and understand how to work within cross functional teams to achieve the best results.
- You have outstanding presentation and communication skills; can quickly establish credibility with and influence Leadership level teams; and can explain sophisticated concepts and controversial findings clearly to a variety of audiences.
Defines and conducts proprietary research to understand the needs of customers in conjunction with our research and insights team Leads development of personas, attitudes, journeys and experience briefs to inform the development of digital experiences and content Understands and defends the end-to-end customer experience of our digital commerce journey, while articulating the needs of specific experiences within it Works with business teams to understand current challenges and goals, and uses each to define experience strategy and objectives Designs and facilitates cross-functional work sessions and ideation sessions to shape strategy into meaningful concepts Demonstrate authority in our given area and mentor more junior members of the team or partnering teams to advance their knowledge of Apple's strategic vision Defends strategic decisions to internal teams and executives at Apple, clearly articulating design rationale Sits within the interactive design team, with connections to marcom's broader strategy org
Education & Experience
A Bachelor's degree is preferred. Case studies and/or relevant work samples required