AI/ML - Software Engineer, Information Intelligence
Seattle , Washington , United States
Machine Learning and AI
Posted: Oct 9, 2021
Role Number: 200298510
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you want to make Siri and Apple products smarter for our users? The AI/ML Information Intelligence teams are building groundbreaking technology for algorithmic search, machine learning, natural language processing, and artificial intelligence. The Search Infrastructure team is seeking an exceptional engineering manager who can partner with leadership and other teams to drive experiences from product definition to release. The team will be responsible for building PetaByte-scale data processing pipelines and generating insights to serve our customers with up-to-date and high-quality information, and to power Apple's amazing range of products. The successful candidate will manage a software engineering team to deliver scalable, reliable search infrastructure.
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience, a strong grasp of computer science fundamentals, and love learning new technologies.
- 3+ years of engineering management experience. You have a track record demonstrating the ability to build and lead a team, including hiring, mentoring, motivating and elevating the performance of a team.
- Excellent strategic visioning, planning, prioritization, and organization skills.
- Ability to establish strong partnerships and manage complex cross-functional relationships.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in building highly scalable and distributed systems on cloud platforms, preferably AWS or GCP.
In this role, you will build and lead a diverse, hardworking team of experienced and thoughtful engineers to build truly innovate and new features related to data pipeline and quality, in order to power Apple Safari, Siri, and Spotlight Search. This role will work closely with a large number of cross-functional partners including Apple product domains, product managers, operations, quality assurance, and other software engineering teams to build high quality search experiences. You will the capabilities of building and serving search data both for features and scale, and define/execute a technical roadmap. To support your team, you will motivate and mentor them, and dedicate a good part of your time to developing talents, identifying a goal for each team member to grow and contribute to their full potential performance. You will be successful by proactively engaging your team, identifying and resolving broken processes and encouraging a respectful, high performing team culture.
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent industry experience.