Engineering Project specialist
Austin , Texas , United States
Posted: Oct 7, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200297282
The Hardware test engineering team is looking for an NPI (New product introduction) engineering project specialist (EPS) with experience in hardware and custom instrumentation/ fixture procurement and data management. Solid background in business negotiations, PLM systems, BOM (bill of materials), and contract manufacturing interactions. Strong analytical capabilities, highly organized and independently motivated, a resourceful individual with the ability to prioritize and excel in a fast-paced environment. A successful candidate must be a high-energy tactical execution expert and a team player with a friendly can-do attitude.
- Experience in logistics for hardware technologies (camera, audio, sensors, display, SMT) can be from manufacturing, supply chain, process engineering, or logistics, focused towards NPI product lifecycle management services that enable test and calibration for hardware products.
- Proficient using product lifecycle management (PLM) systems (Agile), understanding of BOM components (preferably for hardware products), data management and visualization systems (MS Excel, Tableau)
- Solid understanding of procurement processes, with excellent organizing skills to oversee multiple projects timelines, logistics, and implementation of financial policies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with excellent organizational and multitasking capabilities
- Excellent negotiation and conflict management skills, in addition to the ability to deal effectively with ambiguity
- Work with suppliers, contract manufacturers, and cross-functional teams to ensure timely business goals and objectives.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with peers, business partners, technical staff, and leadership via appropriate medium: verbal/written/presentation
The Engineering project specialist (EPS) plays a meaningful role within the Hardware test engineering (HWTE) team, constantly interacts with multiple technical teams, finance, supply management, logistics, and operation teams, driving factory readiness from proof of concept to pre-production through the procurement cycle, logistics, and bill of materials (BOM) management.
- A successful EPS is a natural facilitator, driven, organized, and detailed. You are adept at facilitating actions, resolving conflicts, and communicating with ease at multiple levels of the organization. - You can thrive in a dynamic environment where change is the only constant, driving excellence across your responsibilities. Looks beyond daily demand to identify potential blockers critical in the future. - Frequently leverage internal relationships to collaborate with business partners effectively. You can make accurate decisions with the information available, think and stay focused under pressure, and communicate concisely and effectively with business partners and peers. - EPS will oversee the end-to-end factory procurement cycle, ensuring that justifications are cogent and thoroughly vetted and follow approvals to provide deadlines, support documentation, customs, price verification, and invoicing. Work with import/export accounts payable and finance teams to resolve customs clearance, invoice, and credit processing issues. - Serve as the critical point of contact for requesters, business operations, procurement, finance, and others to troubleshoot and resolve purchase order issues and implement finance policies. - Coordinate and verify custom test fixture/instrumentation, materials, and component entries in PLM systems, and manage bill of materials (BOM) readiness for multiple programs. - Create and maintain reports regularly focused on project schedules and factory readiness, utilizing data visualization. - Maintain a high level of accuracy, reliability, and credibility in producing data.
Education & Experience
Requires BS/BA degree, plus at least 2 years related NPI project management experience or equivalent.
- Proficient in PLM systems (Agile), MS Excel, Tableau, or other database platforms
- SAP experience a plus