Recycling Operations Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Posted: Oct 7, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200295164
Apple is committed to being 100 percent carbon neutral for its supply chain and products by 2030 and the Environment & Supply Chain Innovation organization supports this effort by applying and developing industry-leading technology to recover and reuse more materials from end-of-use devices. We are seeking an extraordinary hands-on engineer to support Apple's Global Recycling Operations team. In this role, you will be responsible for technical and sustaining recycling operations support of corporate and supplier sites to enable best in class efficiency and materials recovery. This role requires a strong blend of both technical and operations knowledge and an eye for business.
- Must be a self starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details
- investigation and resolution of environmental health and safety issues (EHS) in an industrial setting and knowledge of machine safety standards
- Detailed project tracking expertise
- Able to handle ambiguity and make decisions with uncertain or limited data
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to distill complex ideas into concise business-focused messages
- A positive attitude with a detailed, hands-on approach, and a desire to drive innovation and create extraordinary processes and systems.
- Strong analytical skills required (cost benefit, time studies, return on investment analysis)
- Work experience as an engineer or project/program manager in any one or more of the following areas: Metals/Electronics Recycling, New Products, or Service/Operations Engineering.
- Participate and lead in design, installation, startup, qualification, and operation of process equipment
- Knowledge of mineral and metal extraction, production, refining and recycling processes, including new, emerging technologies a plus
- Lean manufacturing and process mapping
- Industrial control system support
- Experience using 3D CAD (Inventor, NX) to review and design mechanical components, layouts, and assemblies.
- Ability to drive root cause/corrective action and process optimization activities to closure efficiently with proper design of experiment (DOE) practices.
- Application of first principles problem solving
- Domestic and overseas travel required (~30%) when conditions allow.
- MS Excel, Keynote
- Bilingual English-Spanish a plus
The Operations Engineering Program Manager (OEPM) will monitor, maintain and drive operational and technology improvements at corporate and supplier sites worldwide that will support Apple to implement best-in-class recycling supply chain solutions. You'll join a team of recycling enthusiasts driving innovative new end-of-use processes that will set the bar for recovery in the industry, while reducing our environmental impact, and improving cost efficiency. With your proven experience, you will help drive the conceptualization, design, and execution of new recycling processes. To foster a zero harm environment, you will also recognize, assess, and communicate potential EHS issues/risks and develop and coordinate controls. You will lead projects from cradle to grave, providing cost-benefit analyses and return on investment, along with project status to a wide range of audiences. A successful OEPM in this role is a natural leader and facilitator; excels in program/ project management; communicates with ease at all levels; thrives in an ambiguous environment; is adept at facilitating actions and resolving conflicts; is a subject matter expert; manages through relationships and influence; and wants to advance the recycling space.
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in Engineering (Manufacturing, industrial, Mechanical, or equivalent) with 5+ years of hands-on operations experience in a recycling or manufacturing environment.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all
- applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
- Apple is a drug-free workplace.