Machine Learning Engineering Manager - Online Retail Analytics
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Machine Learning and AI
Posted: Oct 6, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200289980
Are you a passionate, highly motivated, results-oriented, and hands-on leader in applied machine learning? Come join our Online Retail Decision Automation team and lead the way by researching and developing the next generation of algorithms used to drive the Apple Online experience! This spans central areas of our Apple Online Store including how we approach recommendation systems (e.g. ranking, page generation), personalization (e.g. evidence, search, messaging, marketing), media assets generation and optimizing Apple-wide systems & infrastructure. As a leader in our fast-paced group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to be part of a new projects and shape upcoming products that will delight and encourage millions of Apple's customers every day. In this role, you will build and lead a team to conceptualize, design and develop core algorithms that power our buy-flows and personalize the experience across our online store. This includes developing production algorithms for recommendations and personalization, running offline experiments and building online A/B tests to run in production systems. To be successful, you need a strong machine learning background, proven software development skills, a love of learning, and to collaborate well in multi-disciplinary teams. You will need to exhibit strong communication and leadership skills, an ability to set priorities, and an execution focus in a dynamic environment.
- 5+ years experience hiring & leading a team of software development / machine learning engineers.
- Experience in Recommendation Systems, Personalization, Search, Computational Advertising or Natural Language Processing
- Strong programming skills in Java, C/C++, Python, or similar language
- Experience developing enterprise production software
- Excellent software architecture and design skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Passion for delivering business impact
- Experience with Spark, TensorFlow, Keras, and PyTorch a plus
- Experience using Deep Learning, Bandits, Probabilistic Graphical Models, or Reinforcement Learning in real applications a plus
The team responsibilities include development of new recommendation and search ML models, developing back-end data pipelines and features, and producing automation processes for machine learning tasks. You will closely collaborate with other engineering teams (including Hardware, QA, Infrastructure) to ensure the solutions are meeting the highest quality standards. Provide technical mentorship, build, manage and encourage your team, develop, communicate and align the roadmap and vision, internally, multi-functionally and on an executive level.
Education & Experience
Ph.D. or Masters in a quantitative field, such as Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or Statistics, or equivalent professional experience.