AI/ML - Engineering Product Manager, AI/ML PM
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Machine Learning and AI
Posted: Oct 5, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200296095
Are you passionate about building and scaling on device infrastructure & frameworks which power ML experiences on the device while protecting user privacy? Do you love working on the edge of technology? As part of the Machine Learning Platform and Technologies (MLPT) team's On Device ML Frameworks Team, you will work on the ML Frameworks and Platform that engineers use to create intelligent ML features for apps. We're seeking an Engineering Program Manager (EPM) with a technical background and strong multi-functional coordination skills to deliver new features and technology for our internal platform. The On Device ML Frameworks EPM team accelerates the adoption of machine learning in Apple products and ecosystem by overseeing Apple's ML platform. We support ML engineers through technologies that combine the latest in ML innovation and deep integration with Apple ML Frameworks, unlocking the creation of customer experiences that surprise and delight!
- 3+ years in a role defining the product vision, strategy, and roadmap to achieve that vision.
- Articulate and evangelize our platform strategy, rollout and migrations plans for a new service informed by an evaluation of solutions that currently exist
- Represent the team as the main interface for collaboration with internal teams and actively engage with them to ensure delivery is aligned with customer needs and timelines
- Prioritization: Product backlog responsibility to ensure the highest business value is being delivered
- Independently author technical feature requirements in the form of user stories and acceptance criteria for varying customer use case scenarios
- Produce feature requirement artifacts, such as data flows, process flows, decision trees, state diagrams, and high level system architecture diagrams to support the engineering team
- Outstanding communication: Present roadmaps, sophisticated ideas and features to broad teams in an effective manner.
- Cultivate a positive team environment where there is a sense of purpose, ideas are heard, and decisions are transparent
- Be a customer advocate: Passionate about end user experiences that include infrastructure and application lifecycle management
Identify API requirements for enabling ML features for app developers
Define and standardize Key Performance Indicators that will help aid in the decision-making process and showcase results
Partner with other EPMs, Engineering Managers and Technical leads across the organization to align strategies, roadmaps, priorities, dependencies, and releases to mitigate risks and issues.
Produce and lead go-live release communications that educate users and/or impacted teams of the outcomes delivered via the new features and/or changes
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent experience required
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.