Sr. Software Engineer, Server
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Oct 13, 2021
Role Number: 200297742
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Join Apple's Product Engineering Systems team as a Senior Software Engineer. We build innovative applications and custom solutions that serve all Apple Employees. As member of the technical leadership team, you will play a critical role in shaping new systems architecture and technical direction for the PES organization.
- Proven track record of delivering high quality software (5 to 10 years of experience)
- Extensive experience in enterprise systems, software design and development; Solid understanding of the full SW development lifecycle
- Experience with Java and J2EE, Java11 related technologies: Spring Framework, spring-boot, JUnit / TestNG. Strong knowledge and understanding of data structures, algorithms, design patterns, concurrency, multi-threading, scalability, fault tolerant designs, enterprise architecture and software engineering principles
- Solid understanding of data modeling and database systems including Oracle, Cassandra, other NOSQL technologies
- In-depth knowledge of technologies such as Web Services, XML, JSON, HTTP, SSL, TCP/IP, Caching solutions, application performance tuning
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented and SOA design concepts; Current experience developing and delivering RESTful application services and APIs for a Java based platform.
- Significant experience developing and implementing, and maintaining high volume web applications, developing secure web applications, and building and running RESTful services. Proficient with the use of XML and JSON
- Experience with Apache Kafka and Apache Solr
- Familiarity with OS X, Linux, Shell Scripts
- Experience with big data pipelines using Hadoop and Apache Spark is a plus
- Experience in designing and handling systems with high performance, scalability and availability.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment on fast paced projects
- Strong curiosity and a willingness to learn and talk about new technologies along with a positive and enthusiastic engagement style
PES team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to drive our application services and API technology. You will have a hands-on role in the development of software systems to support existing and new product features. This is a phenomenal opportunity for an expert and results-oriented person who enjoys working with cross-functional teams. In this position your vision will lead us into a solution that will address service architecture for an enterprise wide services solution for defect and issue tracking. You will make critical architectural decisions affecting application design. You will recommend and deploy tools and processes to enable rapid application design, development, testing and deployment.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field plus 8+ years experience or MS/PhD degree plus 2+ years experience, or equivalent.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, please click here.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as the need arises by law.
- Apple's committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.