Audio Products Hardware / PD EPM (Engineering Program Manager)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Oct 12, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200299258
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are seeking an enthusiastic team member to join our growing team. Will you help us design and build the next generation of Apple products? The Apple Audio Products Team is looking for a Hardware / Product Design Engineering Project Manager to drive the design, development and validation of high quality Apple Audio Products. The Hardware / PD EPM works closely with key product design teams including Electrical (EE) and Mechanical (ME), in order to drive the overall product design and schedules for development builds. Engineering Project Managers utilize a solid engineering background to recognize, assess and communicate cross-functional issues and risks. EPMs are fearless organizers who are ready to work with the highly skilled Cross-Functional teams to identify and resolve potential pitfalls to the schedule and risks to the quality of the product. We value intuition, attention to detail, and collaboration to drive projects across a range of teams.
- You have 2 - 4+ years of related experience in project management
- You have a strong technical background
- Your written and oral communication, organization, presentation, and leadership skills are excellent
- You comprehend, communicate and manage complex design trade-offs
- You exhibit great interpersonal skills and are oriented toward teamwork
- Self-motivated and high-energy with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Knowledge of product development and manufacturing processes
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles
- You remain calm and flexible in times of ambiguity
- Ability to travel internationally to support builds
This is a highly technical role requiring a solid Electrical or Mechanical background to understand technical details of cross-functional issues which will enable you to set the proper priorities and put risk mitigation plans in place. In this dynamic role, you will develop and manage hardware development project schedules with engineering teams while communicating project status to a wide spectrum of individual contributors and executive management. Key Responsibilities: Support system definition and drive closure of architecture and technical opens in the early stages of a project Interact with cross-functional teams including PCB layout to drive release and development of rigid/flex board designs Interact with cross-functional teams including Product Design & Mechanical Design to drive release and development of mechanical parts Plan and execute product prototype builds Understand technical issues and drive them to closure by bringing together key partners for decision-making Communicate status and risks to the project team and management One or more of the following a plus: Experience driving international OEM/ODM partners Understanding of high volume production and test processes at scale
Education & Experience
BS EE or ME degree (or equivalent)
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time- away programs. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.