Product Design Validation - Engineering Technician
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Oct 12, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200299158
The Product Design Validation group is searching for an Engineering Technician who will be responsible for assisting in the fabrication and assembly/disassembly of prototype parts and assemblies. The ideal candidate will have experience working in an organized and highly functional shop/lab space, a knowledge of shop tools and prototype fabrication techniques, and experience working on electro-mechanical devices.
- Ability to understand and create hand sketches, CAD models, and technical drawings
- Knowledge of tools and equipment found in a design lab (3D printers and post-
- processing, laser cutter, mill, lathe, etc.)
- Familiarity with proper shop safety and housekeeping practices
- Strong organizational skills
- Familiarity with digital productivity tools like spreadsheets and slide presentations
- Ability to work with cross functional teams
- Strong troubleshooting and problem mitigation skills
- Self motivated and driven to complete projects quickly and efficiently
- Values quality of work and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Execute detailed fabrication and assembly/disassembly procedures and accurately document and communicate issues or suggested areas for improvement - Modify mechanical prototypes to facilitate product testing and validation - Assemble mechanical and electrical test fixtures to facilitate product testing - Maintain and troubleshoot shop equipment - Maintain machine shop space, keeping it tidy and organized - Train users on safe operation of machine shop equipment - Support engineers working in the machine shop - Work closely with the engineering team to support product development work - Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
Education & Experience
- 2~5 years experience in an engineering technician role.
- Additional Desired Experience and Skills:
- - Electrical system debugging. Interpretation of schematics.
- - Soldering, wiring harness fabrication, pdf rework.
- - CAD Experience
- - Experience with characterization tools (Instron, data acquisition systems, DIC)
- - Experience with metrology equipment (CMM, OMM, laser scanners, etc.)