Senior Detection & Response Analyst
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Oct 12, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200297966
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We're a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply collaborative place, where everything we create is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other's ideas stronger. That same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it.
- Extensive experience in Information Security with focus on Incident Response, Security Engineering, and/or Intrusion Detection.
- Experience working in Security Operations Center and/or Computer Incident Response Team.
- Solid knowledge of computer networks and common protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, FTP, SSH, SSL/TLS, HTTP, and etc.
- Proficiency in one or more programming/scripting languages.
- In-depth technical knowledge of Mac OS X and Linux Operating Systems.
- Experience with disk and memory forensic tools.
- Ability to analyze endpoint, network, and application logs.
- Experience with writing and tuning of IDS signatures.
- Demonstrated an understanding of MITRE ATT&CK, Threat Modeling, operational threat intelligence and common attack Vectors.
- Excellent problem solving skills combined with hands-on experience doing root cause analysis and post incident reviews.
- Experience using big data log collection and correlation tools for data analytics.
- Ability to analyze malware and obfuscated code.
- Knowledge of CVEs and recent security vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge of web application vulnerabilities with ability to triage/verify OWASP Top 10 issues.
- Experience with creation of comprehensive technical reports.
- Led proof of concept and evaluation of new technologies and tools to improve team operations.
- Implemented partial or end-to-end automations of detection and incident response workflows.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Highly motivated individual and an enthusiastic learner.
Apple is seeking a Senior Detection & Response Analyst to join its best-in-class security monitoring and threat analysis team. The Senior Detection & Response Analyst will possess a proven technical background and information security experience and will focus on detection and response. You will work with a team of analysts on daily operational monitoring and escalation of information security events and also function as an intrusion analyst to examine security events for context, risk, and criticality. This person will have the opportunity to work on technology and processes with a global reach. This role is an integral part of the security controls that Apple uses to protect its customers, brand and data.
Education & Experience
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent degree. - Technical certifications are a plus (OSCP, GIAC, CCNP/CCIE, and etc.)