Acoustics EPM (Engineering Program Manager)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Oct 12, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200299173
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are seeking an enthusiastic team member to join our growing team. Will you help us design and build the next generation of Apple products? The Apple Acoustics Engineering Project Manager (EPM) team is looking for an EPM to drive the research, design, development, and integration of new, best-in-class audio hardware, technologies, and features into world-renowned Apple products including AirPods, iPad, iPhone, and MacBook. In this critical, highly collaborative, and visible role the EPM will oversee internal efforts of the Acoustics Hardware, Algorithms, User Interface (UI), and Validation teams. The EPM will also lead cross-functional coordination with a wide array of external partners partners within hardware and software engineering and beyond.
- Excellent listening, presentation and interpersonal skills Strong cross function coordination and project management skills
- A minimum 5+ years project management experience
- A strong technical back ground in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, acoustics, and/or software development
- Experience in consumer hardware and software Experience with any of the following is a bonus: speakers, microphones, receivers, audio DSP, audio algorithms, and/or consumer/device software
- An interest in audio and/or a passion for health
The Acoustics EPM defines and drives the build and development plans for audio HW and SW and serves as the primary interface to Apple Acoustics during HW and SW development. EPMs are responsible for managing and communicating project definition, development landmarks and schedules, and project status in the development of new acoustic modules. EPMs are fearless organizers who are ready to work with the highly skilled Acoustic, Hardware, Software, and Mechanical Design teams to identify and resolve potential pitfalls to the schedule and risks to the quality of the product. Success is defined in terms of the quality and timeliness of the pre-production builds and the start of mass production. Advocate for the best overall acoustic performance throughout the organization. Prioritize issues and track details. Drive a talented, passionate, experienced multi-functional team and external suppliers. Deliver acoustic modules on schedule, facilitating risk management and communicating status and issues to the development team and Apple executives. Be savvy enough to understand the roles and responsibilities of the key partners and identify partners to efficiently drive key decisions. Remain in touch with big picture issues.
Education & Experience
BS degree ME/Physics/EE required MS preferred
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time- away programs. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.