Audio Products, System EPM
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Oct 12, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200299152
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are seeking an enthusiastic team member to join our growing team. The people here at Apple don't just create products - they create the kind of wonder that has revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it The System EPM is responsible for managing and guiding development activities of highly skilled cross-functional engineering teams. The EPM will lead the team to develop extraordinary products, from architecture through design, prototyping, validation and production. The EPMs should possess a blend of technical knowledge and organizational skills, to allow for big-picture vision and the ability to dive deep into specific technical challenges. System EPMs operate autonomously, demonstrate strong leadership capabilities, and juggle competing priorities with ease. EPMs facilitate good communication and offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management. In addition, they drive day-to day program activities to meet overall program objectives. We value intuition, attention to detail, and collaboration to expertly drive projects across a range of teams.
- Extraordinary leadership abilities
- 4+ years of program management experience with accomplishments in concept to market product development
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experienced working with multi-disciplinary groups, driving schedule and tasks
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and comprehend, communicate and manage complex design trade-offs
- Ability to lead without authority, foster trust, build credibility
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with demonstrated critical thinking capabilities
- You remain calm and flexible in times of ambiguity
- Ability to travel internationally to support builds
- You have a curiosity for product design and engineering
We seek a highly organized, adaptable, disciplined individual to join our team. In this dynamic role, you will own and drive hardware development project schedules with engineering teams. You will track program execution and communicate status, risks to decision makers and executive management on a weekly cadence. Use teamwork and collaboration to facilitate communication across engineering, operations, and marketing managers to meet very aggressive cost, schedule, and quality goals. Key Responsibilities: Create and own project schedules indicating critical path and key decision milestones Drive day-to day program activities to meet program objectives. Understand technical issues and drive them to closure by bringing together key partners for decision-making Support system definition and drive closure of architecture and technical opens throughout the stages of the product lifecycle in a timely manner. Lead meetings and document action items and progress. Identify and prioritize project tasks and risks, develop mitigation strategies and facilitate conflict resolution Hold team members accountable for meeting schedule commitments Interface between vendors and product engineering teams Synthesize large amounts of data into a clear story and communicate to partners and organizations at all levels
Education & Experience
BS ME/EE degree or equivalent, MS degree preferred
- Knowledge of Mandarin a plus
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time- away programs. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.