Engineering Program Manager, Data
San Diego , California , United States
Posted: Oct 12, 2021
Role Number: 200297872
The Sensor Software and Prototyping team at Apple is looking for an experienced, technical engineering program manager (EPM) with a real passion for software and machine learning to help us drive data collection efforts. This team works with some of Apple's most advanced technologies including AR, machine learning (ML) and computer vision (CV). As a member of our organization you will lead teams crafting future products that will delight, encourage and empower millions of people. We are looking for an ambitious teammate with a track record of shipping complex new technology and experience in big data, machine learning and software engineering. You should thrive in a dynamic, constantly changing environment. You will lead teams through the software development cycle from concept to delivery, collaborating with several teams at Apple and driving the definition, schedule, execution and communication of new features. If you are up to the challenge of leading an amazing team in building ground breaking technologies through a fast paced development cycle with frequent changes, we want to hear from you!
- 5+ years of experience managing complex, cross-functional technology projects
- Excels in relationship building and has shown success in influencing without direct authority
- Has a consistent track record in defining processes and leading teams in executing on them
- Has solid understanding of software development processes/ tools and standard project management methodologies (eg Agile, waterfall).
- Has a technical background, with hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
- Understands fundamentals of cloud computing, scalable design, REST API's, SDK interfaces.
- Ability to dive into technical details
- Self-motivated, collaborative, curious, pro-active with demonstrated critical thinking capability and great attention to detail
- Possesses outstanding verbal and written communication skills, tailoring communication style and distilling relevant information for multiple audiences (engineers, managers, execs)
- Demonstrates excellent attention to detail and enjoys both detailed, hands-on work and has high-level of critical thinking
- Knows how to clarify where there is ambiguity by developing plans, establishing priorities, anticipating risks and is not shy to raise concerns to team and leadership
Our team focuses on data acquisition, data processing, annotation, and robustness analysis. Each year, we power dozens of features for our Machine learning / Computer vision teams and work closely across the entire company. With the fast growth of data needs, collaboration with key partners is crucial (engineering teams, program office, leadership, finance), as are coordination and continuous improvement within our team. As a program manager in charge of these functions, you will play a crucial role in supporting critical machine learning efforts in Apple's computer vision organization. If you thrive in a constantly evolving and fast paced environment, have a strong sense of ownership, and know how to foster positive relationships, we want to talk to you!
Education & Experience
Bachelors or higher in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent training and experience.
- Technical knowledge and prior work experience (in any role) in any of these areas:
- Big data & Analytics (AWS knowledge)
- Machine Learning algorithms
- Hardware Engineering
- Data collection and user studies