Production Manager, Digital Content Management
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Oct 12, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200294533
The people here at Apple don't just build products - we craft the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries! It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Do you love problem solving and thinking beyond an obvious solution? The Apple Online Store is seeking a dynamic, web savvy content management professional to join the Digital Content Management (DCM) Production team. A highly energetic execution group, the numerous teams within DCM work together to deliver the extraordinary online shopping experience expected from Apple. We work hard and have a good time doing it! As a Manager on the DCM Production team, you will be responsible for leading Content Specialists and handling high profile projects that touch content across multiple platforms and apps worldwide. From leading product launches to marketing initiatives, feature changes to daily updates, you and your team's work will directly impact the experience for millions of Apple customers across the globe. You will be part of a tight-knit global team, driving high quality results while meeting ambitious deadlines. You are a thoughtful and effective leader, deeply detail oriented, and comfortable with change and uncertainty in a dynamic work environment.
- 5+ years of experience in technology, operations, e-commerce and/or customer support organization.
- 3+ years people management with a focus on building and motivating a high performing team.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with online content management for both web and mobile platforms.
- A quick, technically-minded learner that is willing to roll up their sleeves to grasp the numerous tools and systems used across DCM every day.
- A thoughtful and organized problem-solver that can adapt to constant change and ambiguous situations while simultaneously driving multiple complex projects.
- An open, communicative, and reliable leader who is able to collaborate closely with cross-functional partners, organizational leaders, as well as direct reports.
- Demonstrated success in business process optimization.
- Ability to remain calm and good-natured while experiencing ambitious deadlines.
- Able to accommodate flexible work schedule during critical business periods.
- Exhibits high degree of ownership and accountability.
- Strong communication skills.
- Foreign language proficiency is a plus.
The DCM team maintains and manages all customer facing content on the Apple Online Store as well as the Apple Store App. Our mission is to continuously improve the quality of information and experience presented to customers while delivering on the ever-increasing velocity of changes as the platform expands into new geographies, languages, and devices. As a Content Production Manager, you will drive the global execution of complex product launches and business initiatives for the Online Store, while managing and motivating a team of specialists that work in our numerous content management systems. You are a well-organized and strategic problem solver, with an enthusiasm for owning and driving numerous projects simultaneously. You will understand the technical details of our tools and systems, helping to define and continuously improve the processes around them. You are able to dig into the details of our day-to-day while remaining customer focused and able to see the big picture in all that we deliver. An excellent listener and communicator, you are able to identify and distill what is important to the success of the business and the DCM team. You have a passion for managing people and helping to build a happy and effective team, able to foster and encourage a strong sense of camaraderie and collaboration amongst a large and diverse group of content professionals. With a positive and enthusiastic attitude, you can help make a difference in the lives of the millions of Apple Online Store customers around the world.
Education & Experience
BA/BS or equivalent experience