Software Engineer (Java, Spark / Flink) - AMP Commerce Engineering
Seattle , Washington , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Oct 11, 2021
Role Number: 200298976
- 5+ years in demonstrated ability in developing ETL jobs for analyzing and processing high-volume data using Spark/Flink on AWS
- Expert knowledge of one or more object-oriented programming languages (Scala/Java)
- Proficient at schema design, data modeling concepts and SQL
- Excellent problem-solving and analytic skills
- Ability to program in scripting languages such as Python
- Experience with workflow management tools: Azkaban, Oozie, Airflow etc.
- Experience using NoSQL solutions like Cassandra, Voldemort, Memcached
- Expert with streaming and batch data processing
- Ability to learn and research new technologies rapidly
- Passion for customer privacy and experience with applying data encryption and data security standards
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working on multi-functional projects
- Developed large-scale backend storage systems
Our team is looking for an experienced, hardworking and proactive software engineer to lead several data architecture and technical compliance efforts across the commerce landscape. Join our exciting engineering team that has been leading the digital distribution industry by constantly developing innovative features to grow and expand the iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks Store and services such as Apple Music, TV+ and Arcade. The position requires someone comfortable with all aspects of the software design lifecycle and experienced with high performance data distributed systems. If you thrive in a dynamic multi-functional environment and are able to shift with constantly evolving requirements and new technologies, you'll love it here. You will be an important part of the team that is in an outstanding position to develop and build the commerce data platform. You will participate in the instrumentation and ingestion of events. You will collaborate with partners on data pipelines and datasets and ensure that data is handled in a privacy-safe manner. This platform allows downstream customers to use the unified data foundation to achieve consistency, quality, and efficiency. You will have experience to design and implement large scale commerce datasets and backend services. Those data systems will be applied by many downstream teams for data analysis, metric reporting, data insights, model training and evaluation. You will implement data storage solutions that scale, enrich and surface data quality and pipeline metrics. In addition, you will investigate and adopt new technology, be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and have a "can-do" attitude.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent. MS preferred.