Fraud Prevention - Sanctions Specialist
Colorado Springs , Colorado , United States
Support and Service
Posted: Oct 11, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200290571
Home Office: Yes
At Apple, we believe that dedication, a fun environment, creativity and innovation fuel the ultimate customer experience! We believe each customer interaction is an opportunity to delight, engage and inspire - and that by focusing on even the smallest of details, we can make significant impact on our customer's experience. Are you passionate about finding creative solutions for complex customer situations? The Retail Customer Care Sanctions team is a high-impact team of specialists who are responsible for Sanctions screening for multiple clients across the Apple business. This team efficiently manually reviews, clears, and escalates Sanctions screening alerts in real time. The team is looking for someone to step in and have an impact immediately. Previous Sanctions Screening experience would be a significant asset. This position can be located on-site at the Apple campus in Austin, Texas or at home from any city across the US that has available internet infrastructure. You do not need to live in the city this is posted in to be considered.
- 1-2 years experience as AOS Fraud Prevention Specialist required
- Ability to assist customers over the phone
- Excel at research and employ creative problem solving skills
- Demonstrate sound decision-making and good judgment
- Customer-focused individual
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in a fast-paced work environment
- Adept at working with ambiguity
- Deal with change positively
- Team player
- Ability to work and make decisions independently
- Flexible to work within any hours of operations on a 7-day schedule
On this team, we are adept at dealing with ambiguity, have the ability to make sound judgments & utilize problem solving skills in a timely manner, and are able to stay self-motivated & customer focused in a highly transactional role while working independently. While the majority of daily transactions involved in this position are handled individually, teamwork is critical in learning the role, staying current with standards/trends, and in building & maintaining a successful team culture. Our specialists conduct sanctions screening of new customers daily and periodic ongoing sanctions screening of existing customers, accounts and payments by utilizing internal systems, commercial databases and public records. We review and take action on real-time transactional alerts and apply independent judgment in the identification and escalation of key sanctions risks. Our specialists have a passion for assisting customers over the phone. This role involves inbound and outbound phone support.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Ability to meet our home office requirements. Those include a private, quiet, distraction free home-work environment, a chair and desk, and hardwired ethernet internet connection of 10 megabits per second download speed and upload speed of 2 megabits per second from a reliable provider as you cannot use Wifi.
- If you are a Colorado resident, this is for you:
- At Apple, we see the whole you. We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. Sanctions Specialist starts at a minimum hourly rate of $20.00. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Every Apple employee also has the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder, because all team members are eligible for stock grants and also a discount when purchasing Apple stock.
- We offer all kinds of ways to experience well-being, confidence, and satisfaction. Learn more about Apple benefits.
- Note: Apple benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.