Platform Binary Compatibility Technical Lead
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Oct 11, 2021
Role Number: 200298934
The Technology Development Group is looking for a Platform Binary Compatibility Technical Lead to help ensure Apple's customers have access to the robust stable of available iOS applications. As a member of this team, you will have a unique opportunity to drive a large project broadly across many domains and technologies while designing and building out the infrastructure needed to provide an amazing user experience.
- Excellent cross-functional and communication skills
- Experience designing system architectures
- Experience working with Core OS and lower-level frameworks
- Proficient with languages like Swift and Objective-C
- Ability to debug and troubleshoot complex and multifaceted problems
- Talent for understanding how disparate technologies fit together
Apple prides itself on offering a vast and exciting selection of applications to the users of its devices. The work we are doing here continues that tradition, enabling the wealth of iOS applications to run on our platform. Platform compatibility means more than just making existing binaries execute. it requires planning, design, construction, and testing of the infrastructure needed to make those binaries run. You will need to dig deep into the operating system to rework fundamental components to ensure correct execution and function of apps, while working with other infrastructure teams to define and bootstrap testing processes. You will also work collaboratively with our world-class team of engineers, partner with designers, and coordinate with other software and hardware teams across Apple. You'll join a small and focused team with an opportunity to define and structure how iOS binaries run flawlessly and automatically take advantage of new platform features.
Education & Experience
BS / MS / PhD in Computer Science OR equivalent degree OR equivalent experience
- Knowledge of CoreAnimation or RealityKit rendering pipelines is helpful, but not required.
- Knowledge of iOS CPU/GPU architectures is beneficial.
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.