Systems Scenario Quality Engineer
Boulder , Colorado , United States
Posted: Oct 11, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200293944
Are you seeking a new opportunity to work on a team that is all about delivering a quality experience on some of the world's most creative products with groundbreaking technology? We are the Systems Quality team, and we are looking for a highly motivated, energetic personality with strong communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and a passion for product usability. As a Quality Engineer, you will have a significant impact on helping to deliver functional and stable products to millions of customers in a fast-paced environment. We are a group of diverse-minded systems QA engineers, responsible for driving integrated system testing with an emphasis on hardware-centric software risks and new software features for new/existing devices and their accessories. You will join a dynamic and curious group of people and our testing demands thinking out of the box, ranging from customer usage scenario research to designing complicated test procedures around it. Come join our team and see how we contribute tremendously to the improvement of the entire Apple product ecosystem!
- 3+ years of Systems QA or System Test experience, preferably on consumer electronics. Testing experience with mobile devices is a plus.
- Demonstrates QA skills with at least 2 complete product cycles, from inception to customer shipment
- Passionate about the customer experience and what we can do to improve it
- Excellent cross-functional communication and influencing skills
- Detail oriented and organized with a strong discipline of adhering to standards
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills. Sufficient knowledge of tools necessary for strong data analysis.
- Experience closing quality issues by working with a wide range of cross-functional teams
You will research user scenarios and follow up with developing, modifying, and performing tests for validation of software-hardware features. This will require working closely with development teams, to identify and understand key features and shipping criteria. You'll work closely with team members, including collaboration with global labs & cross-functional groups to identify risk areas, develop testing around them, regularly report and represent QA concerns in cross-functional meetings and to management. Using data and your drive for quality, you'll advocate for fixes and coordinate with engineers across Apple to improve and maintain quality on new and upcoming software releases.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- If you are a Colorado resident, this is for you:
- At Apple, we see the whole you. We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. Systems Scenario Quality Engineer at a minimum annual salary of $93,400. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Every Apple employee also has the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder, because all team members are eligible for stock grants and also a discount when purchasing Apple stock.
- We offer all kinds of ways to experience well-being, confidence, and satisfaction. Learn more about Apple benefits.
- Note: Apple benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.