Senior Analytics Engineer
Seattle , Washington , United States
Posted: Oct 8, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200297356
Apple's People Analytics team is accountable for equipping decision makers with data-driven insights through analytics to make the best decisions about people - individuals, teams and organizations. The Sr Analytics Engineer will be designing, developing and scaling Apple's people analytics database and architecture in the centralized EDW-HRBI space in partnership with Apple's GBI (Global Business Intelligence) team. They will be building high quality, scalable and performant data pipelines that integrating and stitch across systems to make data meaningful for analytics and reporting. This person will also play a key role in assuring quality assurance through peer code reviews. This position is on site in Seattle, WA.
- 7+ years of experience in an analytics and data engineering role
- BS or MS degree in a quantitative field or equivalent practical experience
- Mastery of relational databases (SQL)
- Demonstrate strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrate rich experience in development processes and agile methodologies
- A solid foundation in data modeling, including at least 3 years of relevant business or people analytics experience, and a commitment to data governance
- Experience with Python scripting language a plus
- Experience with Cloud / Snowflake a plus
The ideal candidate for this position will be able to think outside of the box and should have passion for building engineering solutions to enable business in making time sensitive and critical decisions. This highly collaborative role will work with partner teams and require to possess the ability to translate complex data and process concepts into scalable analytics solutions which power our visualizations. - Strong communication and influencing capabilities - Ability to pivot between widely divergent tasks and subject matter on short notice, and rapidly adapt to varied audiences. - A record of adding value to work outcomes through innovation and an orientation toward continuous refinement and improvement - Highly thorough and detail oriented - Highly collaborative person who is passionate about technology and driven to get things done.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree. Technical graduate degree preferred; or equivalent practical experience.