Environmental Compliance Manager - eco-design
Austin , Texas , United States
Posted: Oct 8, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200296563
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, our ambition is to make products without taking from the Earth. Getting there requires focus and innovation in three key areas: climate change, resources and smarter chemistry. We believe that our products should be safe for anyone who assembles, uses, or recycles them. As an Environmental Compliance Engineer, you will drive compliance and support sustainability initiatives for world-class hardware products during their development with a focus on eco-design. Your work requires you to closely partner with product development teams to manage system readiness for worldwide environmental compliance requirements around eco-design requirements.
- At least Three to five years experience with a focus working on hardware product-related environmental compliance
- Experience with eco-design topics with a focus on repairability and serviceability
- Mastery of project management - managing, organizing and driving deliverables of complex projects with tight timelines
- Knowledge of consumer electronic product-related environmental regulations and standards
- Comfortable in environments that depend on influence to drive outcomes
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal with diverse audiences, from engineers to executives
- Thrives in fast-paced environments where attention to detail is require
This position is offered in Apple's Environmental Technologies group within Apple's Hardware Engineering division. Our mission is to deliver world-leading programs to address the impacts of climate change, conserve resources, and utilize safer materials in our products. Drive Apple's environmental compliance on hardware products under development. A successful candidate will need to partner with a wide range of engineering, design, and operations teams to establish ambitious environmental objectives for the product related to all aspects of eco-design. You will need to engage with product development teams to inform and execute against environmental goals and targets, closely track progress during the definition and concept phases of hardware development. You will also need to thrive in ambiguity and solving for solutions to complex problems. Your ability to influence others to set ambitious objectives is key to your success. You are a strong proponent for environmental leadership and see it as your mission to drive continuous improvement. You're comfortable diving into technical details with engineers, and distilling this information into concise messages for executives. You don't hesitate to build up relationships with cross-functional partners and collaborate well across functions. You are also a master of tracking details, deliverables, and schedules.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters in engineering or science.