Sr. Software Engineer (Backend - Java)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Oct 7, 2021
Role Number: 200290950
The Platform Services Team develops multi-tenant, disturbed, highly available, secure platforms for applications in Customer Systems. The platforms provide solutions for search, cache, messaging, batch processing to the application teams. Come be with a team that has extraordinary people gather to do their best work. If you're motivated by the idea of making a real impact and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your dream job.
- 10+ years experience in designing and developing scalable enterprise level solutions
- Deep understanding of Java language, proficiency in writing java code, debugging skills to find and fix issues. Expertise in Java and Java Enterprise technology applications architecture, design, development and support
- Understanding of NoSQL database systems such as Cassandra and MongoDB.
- Worked with Distributed Technologies like Kafka, Spark, Zookeeper
- Familiar with micro-services architecture and server side technologies: REST API's
- Extraordinary software engineering skills designing and building sophisticated large-scale and distributed software systems in cloud computing environments like AWS
- Experience with event stream processing (ESP) technologies like Spark Streaming, Kafka, Flink or equivalent
- Proven ability to implement and extend highly performant, resilient and reliable backend systems
- Proficiency/Knowledge on developing containers like Docker and Kubernetes
- Clear and effective communicator, a creative problem solver and a thoughtful decision maker
Design and implement highly available and scalable enterprise solutions that can match Apple volumes Interface with the business, application owners, developers and project managers Be responsible for promised deliveries in time Collaborate with Project Management and cross functional teams Review technical designs and perform code review
Education & Experience
BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or related fields of study. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, please click here. Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Apple's committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.