Manager, iOS Software Engineering (JW)
San Diego , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Oct 7, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200296034
Join the Apps Special Projects team to build a new marquis first-party application for Apple iPhone. This is a unique opportunity for a semi hands-on iOS Engineering Manager to lead a brand-new team of ~10 engineers and help define a new Apple product.
- A minimum of 2 years team management experience ideally leading teams developing iOS applications.
- At least 2 years of prior hands-on iOS application development.
- Strong experience in Swift
- Familiarity with Objective C, SwiftUI, UIKit, CloudKit.
- Ability to write high quality code with a keen attention to detail.
- Outstanding ability to identify and resolve sophisticated problems.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work across organizations.
- Empathetic leader who enjoys mentoring both junior and senior engineers and building diverse, hard-working, high-functioning teams.
The Apps Special Projects Team develops new products for Apple. We are drawn towards a hardworking and passionate leader and manager to join our dynamic team. If you'd like to help shape the future of Apple, and help us leave the world a better place than we found it, we'd love to hear from you! Working on Apple's first party apps, every member on our team can have an enormous impact on the products we ship. To succeed here, you'll need to have attention to detail and be passionate about shipping apps that are the best in their category. We are looking for someone who is ready to innovate, push the boundaries, and embrace new technologies. This means being ready to go deep on things like UI frameworks, and platform APIs. Above all, we seek a manager who can bring their experience to bear on a new project with a new team, collaborate closely with counterparts across the company, and accept the opportunity of breaking new ground at Apple.
Education & Experience