Hardware QA Lead Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Oct 7, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200296322
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don't just build products - they create the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. Apple Hardware Engineering is looking for a QA Lead to drive the quality assurance of products as we roll them into production. The successful candidate will drive the test strategy focusing on improving the engineering process, design and quality of next generation tools which will be used in Apple environment. With an eye for quality, the ideal candidate will have outstanding leadership skills and problem-solving abilities. He will be independently motivated, willing to develop a balanced test environment to rollout tools and solutions to the best hardware engineering team in the world.
- 5+ years of technical work experience in Quality Assurance (QA)
- Deep understanding of test bench creation and automation, having participated in all QA phases, from the definition of a test plan and strategy to its design and execution
- Good understanding of the QA process and able to derive a statistical approach to understand the factors that affect the process.
- Ability to interact cross functionally and meet quality requirements on all features.
- Understanding of the PCB Design process starting from library creation to schematic, Signal analysis flow and PCB Design
- Knowledge of Cadence tools and flow is helpful
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Flexibility and comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Shown ability to work independently while using sound technical and business judgement.
- Dynamic with a "can do" demeanor. Low ego and act with grace under fire.
In this role you will develop test strategies and programs to meet effective rollout of product in Apple environment. Responsibility extends from test bench creation to product testing and launch into production. Major job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Plan, create and manage the overall Quality Assurance strategy
Identify key KPIs for product quality
Communicate frequently with Development team and vendor to ensure complete sanity flow development and execution.
Participate in product failure analysis and root cause analysis
Identify quality assurance process bottleneck and suggest actions for improvement
Develop a test repository and maintain it with the latest product designs
Create an automated regression harness
Prepare and present reports and metrics
Education & Experience
BS degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent.