Software Developer in Test - Storage Technologies
Austin , Texas , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Oct 7, 2021
Role Number: 200295303
Apple's Core OS group ensures the OS is inseparable from each device's identity as a whole. That's because this group is committed to building fully integrated operating systems that combine hardware, software, and apps into a single Apple experience! Join the Storage System Quality Engineering team responsible for ensuring highest quality for storage technology at the heart of Apple products known to surprise and delight millions of customers by working on exciting new products. The nature of the position requires the candidate to have excellent communication skills, strong technical and debugging skills, along with a drive to make a difference. You will be working in a fast paced environment, interacting directly with software development team and other QA teams cross functionally.
- Strong hands on experience with QA methodologies, or prior QA experience.
- Experience with Python or equivalent system scripting languages.
- Knowledge of NAND flash and/or other non-volatile storage technologies or low level embedded technologies.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Self learner, excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deliver work on tight deadline.
- Experience setting up Continuous Integration systems that support multiple projects.
- Experience reporting and tracking bugs, solving complex problems & triaging issues (both hardware and software).
- Understanding of storage interfaces like PCIe, NVMe, SCSI etc is a plus
Be self driven and ready to setup automation racks. Help debug/triage issues spanning across hardware and software. Create test plans to validate new and existing Flash Storage Software features. Create & maintain automated test framework to enable comprehensive testing of flash storage technologies. Collaborate with Software Development team to support rapid code changes. Articulate failures and identify issue trends, and quantify impact with focus on customer experience. Strong bug reporting skills and communicate clearly with management and cross functional teams. Actively involved in team code reviews, design and test discussions. Own overall testing and quality of the product for which you are responsible.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Engineering/Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience/skills
- Be willing to travel to Cupertino as and when needed.