Data Scientist, Real Estate Strategy
Austin , Texas , United States
Posted: Oct 6, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200295216
We're a diverse collective of problem solvers and doers, continuously reimagining our products and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. That innovation is inspired by a shared commitment to work - and to each other. Because learning from the people here means we're learning from the best! As a Data Scientist on the Retail Store Analytics team, you will play an integral role in helping Apple Retail make strategic real estate decisions applying predictive advanced analytics. Design, refine, and craft innovative analyses. Use large and complex data sources, deriving actionable insights, delivering dynamic and intuitive decision tools, and presenting your findings to key leaders.
- 5+ years of related work experience in predictive modeling and machine learning, preferably within a retail domain
- 2+ years of experience in GIS
- Excellent statistical skills in machine learning, applied econometrics, and spatial and time series modeling
- Proficiency in SQL for data access, manipulation, and validation
- Extensive experience using Python or R for geocoding, data analysis, and modeling
- Capable of clearly communicating complex analyses to a non-technical audience, including experience presenting to leadership groups
- Ability to initiate, refine, and complete projects with minimal guidance
Directly support Apple Retail's Real Estate organization in making data driven decisions. Build foundational modeling frameworks to predict future performance and estimate impacts of past store events. Craft innovative custom analyses for Retail Leadership and perform all aspects of analysis: data acquisition and manipulation, geocoding, modeling, data visualization and mapping, documentation, and presentation of results. Collaborate with other analytics partners to build full- service data solutions.
Education & Experience
Master's degree in statistics, data science, economics, or related disciplines with 5+ years of relevant work experience; Bachelor's degree considered with 7+ years of relevant work experience.