Global Logistics Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Oct 6, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200296537
At Apple we believe our products begin with our people. We have a diverse, smart team that drives creative thought, are leaders in innovation and successful at driving precision. If you seek to be a key member of a dynamic startup-like team, responsible for the vendors, parts, supply chain, logistics, deployment management and assembly/installation of equipment needed build systems for large operational scale, this position may be for you. You would work closely with engineers, other logistics specialists as well as many other cross functional teams to make this a reality.
- Ability to independently initiate and function to meet the responsibility objectives including building systems, processes and key relationships as needed
- 5+ years sourcing equipment, managing vendors, logistics, negotiating contracts and the related inventory, warehousing and equipment lifecycle
- Tenacious organization, problem solving, issue resolution, analytical and negotiation skills
- Electrical and mechanical engineering skills in relation to specifying, scoping and deploying equipment in a datacenter like environment.
- Ability to understand and/or hands-on experience in any of the following: WAN, LAN, server infrastructure, cellular or wide area radio systems.
- Experience with tools and systems to manage requests, orders and projects. Ability to determine, design and setup these tools.
- Basic understanding and ability to navigate global tax, trade compliance regulations, import certifications such as: ECCNs, Schedule B/HTS, License Codes, Denied Party Screening and EEI Filings is a plus
- Always positively challenging norms and the status quo
- Ability to manage small and medium sized engineering projects between vendors, engineers and suppliers
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES 1. Create BOMs, source vendors, procure, track, warehouse, inventory and globally redistribute parts and equipment including import/export and certification handling. 2. On-site installation and troubleshooting of equipment and parts in a datacenter like environment and utilize the learnings to optimize the BOM, processes and systems. 3. Manage demand analysis, projects, timelines, and deployment schedules associated with sourced equipment and on-site installation 4. Independently build processes, workflows, relationships and systems to meet the above responsibilities
Education & Experience
- Degree and/or MBA, with minimum 5 years experience in a high-performance operational environment - A plus if networks, computers, electronics, mechanical systems, software and building things are your hobby