Hardware Validation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Oct 6, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200296843
Hardware Validation Engineering team is seeking a hardware validation engineer. Our team is part of the system hardware development organization responsible for bringing new and exciting Mac and iPad hardware products to the users. Through innovation and dedication, team members work collaboratively and strive to deliver the best product that Apple is known for. Candidate in this role will be working with the latest prototypes and hardware designs in development. The objective is to validate system-level hardware design goals through testing of prototype systems, and to resolve any potential design issues. This is with the aim to deliver best-in-class hardware product designs and experiences to the users. This position is for someone who is passionate in hands-on test execution and getting involved in new system design testing and debugging.
- Strong Computer Architecture and System Validation / Post Silicon Validation
- Programming experience in Python and Shell scripting
- Experience with system power management and testing
- Familiar using Protocol analyzers, oscilloscope
- Outstanding communication and team work skills
- Ability to create and manage complex test plans.
- Test automation experience and large scale testing
- Self-driven, well organized, detail oriented with a clear focus on goals and tasks.
- Working with test framework and tools to create a controlled validation environment to support large scale validation - Generating test cases and execute test on hardware configurations based on coverage analysis - Setting up and maintaining physical test environment and used in validation testing. - Debugging cross functionally with software, hardware and silicon design teams. - Tracking, analyzing and reporting of critical test data. - Creating software checks to compare observed behavior against expected behavior that is derived from system specifications. - Designing and defining new validation strategy and detailed test plans.
Education & Experience
The candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field with 5 to 7 years of experience with system hardware or embedded hardware validation.