E911 Field Technician
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Oct 6, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200294974
Do you want make a positive impact on the direction of new, key technologies in consumer products? We are the Apple Field Design Engineering team, and we are currently looking for an individual to fill the position of a Field Technician, where, you will be supporting Field Test Activities for validating 911/GNSS on wireless devices. You should be proactive and very detail oriented, have great teamwork skills, and a strong passion for Apple. You must be able to collaborate with team members in a fast-paced dynamic environment and still feel comfortable working alone to complete individual responsibilities. Come join our team!
- Experience with field drive testing of mobile devices for 911/GNSS/wireless technologies
- Experience with post-processing of test logs using scripts & tools
- Basic understanding of wireless/911/GNSS systems is a big plus
- Experience using computers to control test devices and equipments
- Solid problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong passion to provide accurate data with attention to detail, and ability to sometimes complete repetitive test procedures
- Strong individual contributor with excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks with strong time management skills
- Prepare test devices for Field testing which includes physical setup, software install, and upkeep. - Travel to test locations/routes for performing field evaluations in stationary and mobility conditions. - Job requires 80% travel to local/non-local and international test locations. - Post processing of field test logs through scripts/tools and doing preliminary debug during and post field test execution. - Observe workflows performed by team members to assist and automate those tasks. - Improve current processes and maintain documentation. - Manage device inventory and equipment logistics used for lab and field testing.
Education & Experience
- BS/BA or AS/AA and 3+ years related experience.