Simulation SW Development Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Oct 6, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200296525
Apple is seeking a modeling and simulation software engineer who will build and maintain software for analysis and operations. This person will be responsible for developing and extending analysis software to evaluate proposed designs, quantify performance, and characterize user experience for Apple customers around the world. Their core focus will be on maintaining critical operational software for a new system. You have a successful track record of developing simulations and analysis tools from first principles. Ideally you have experience in large scale computing and developing operational software. They must have a curious and analytical mind that can see both the big picture and drill down into the details.
- 3+ years experience with software development for mathematical modeling, simulation, and optimization.
- Experience with large scale computing and building software-in-the-loop simulations.
- Strong understanding of physics and dynamical systems theory.
- Excellent geometry, spatial reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with C, C++, and Python.
- Experience with metrics systems such as Grafana.
- Strong analysis skills.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, small team environment. Able to work through ambiguity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid teamwork and leadership skills.
Core responsibilities: - Develop and maintain simulation software that performs capacity analysis and trade studies for a new system. Perform analysis of system performance. - Develop and maintain software libraries for system physics. - Understand our software end-to-end and how it impacts operations, proactively spot issues, and repair any issues to minimize system interruptions. - Maintain and extend software-in-the-loop simulation compatible with large-scale computing.
Education & Experience
MS or PhD in Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Data Science, or related discipline.