System Power and Performance Engineer
Seattle , Washington , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Oct 5, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200294363
Join the Apple Cloud Engineering team and drive innovation that matters! We build and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people's lives. We are looking for a System Power and Performance Engineer who has a proven track record for building technology that has made a difference in this world.
- 6+ years of experience as a Power and Performance Engineer
- Strong understanding of hardware components and hardware/software interactions
- Strong experience in power management and power and performance tradeoffs
- Solid understanding of network technologies, protocols and procedures for iOS and macOS
- Solid understanding of power delivery
- Proven ability to own a complete functional area of an application or product
- Able to work independently and should be dedicated
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Comfortable with troubleshooting/debugging/reproducing issues
- Scripting and programing skills in C/C++, Python, R, Shell
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while expertly driving multiple projects across many teams
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, and seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are meaningful to our customers
Work cross-functionally with architecture, platform design, SOC architects, and software teams to deliver best-in-class power and performance optimized products that delight our customers. In this role, you will be responsible for the power and performance of one or more products. The position requires the technical depth and expertise to work on the different elements of the stack from SOC, to the platform, to the software stack, to communicating with the external world. You will work with the architecture teams in the definition of the product and set its power and performance targets, develop automation and infrastructure tools to assess power and performance of the product, bring up new hardware and debug for power and performance from software down to the state transition of each hardware block. Strong problem-solving skills and effective communication are critical for success in this role.
Education & Experience
M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, please click here.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more.
- Apple's committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.
- Apple is a drug-free workplace. Learn more.