Framework Software Automation Engineer
San Diego , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Sep 29, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200292967
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The Frameworks QA team is seeking a Software Engineer in test. We partner with Development and Test Engineers to validate various developer and customer-facing features. We're looking for organized and creative critical thinkers to play a key role in driving the testing and coordination of testing efforts across multiple platforms including iOS, watchOS, and tvOS and the simulator. If you have a passion to qualify Apple's software releases and ensure high-quality customer experience, we would like to hear from you!
- 3+ years of prior experience as a test engineer / software engineer in test.
- At ease and adaptable in a dynamic and informal environment.
- Coding experience in Python, C/C++, Objective C or Swift.
- Ability to respond and react to changing priorities quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to quickly learn about new technologies and apply that knowledge to find inconsistencies and issues with their implementations.
- Deep understanding of software development and the QA life cycle.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are needed to facilitate close interaction with development teams, management, and other organizations within Apple.
- Creative thinker and strong problem solver with meticulous attention to detail.
- Highly organized, creative, motivated, and passionate about achieving results.
As part of the Frameworks QA team, you will be responsible for testing various new and existing developer features/frameworks that are exposed to 3rd party developers via iOS, watchOS, and tvOS SDKs. You will help accomplish this by testing various internal test applications to ensure they function properly when a new feature is released and after every OS update thereafter. In this role, you will drive all aspects of quality and process improvements to help the team ensure that our features are rock-solid and ready to be released to our developers and customers. Some of our key responsibilities include evaluating the quality of the SDKs and various developers features and executing test passes against various internal test apps. You will debug and report issues encountered during testing, and help triage the team's daily automation results. You will also work with other engineers, on and outside the team, to determine if issues need to be resolved in the test app or in OS itself.
Education & Experience
Minimum of Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience