Sr. Machine Learning Engineer - App Store Search - AI/ML Search/Recommendations/Personalization
Seattle , Washington , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Sep 20, 2021
Role Number: 200285266
Are you a passionate about building scalable, reliable, maintainable services and solving data and machine learning problems at scale? Come join us and be part of the Apple Media Products journey. The Apple Media Products Search Team is looking for extraordinary engineers to help build next-generation search features for Apple's ground breaking devices and platforms. We are a key part of the Apple ecosystem, supporting millions of users and billions of transactions. We operate in hundreds of countries and dozens of languages. We strive to provide the best search experience for our customers. As part of this group, you will work with one of the most exciting high performance computing environments, with petabytes of data, millions of queries per second, and have an opportunity to imagine and build products that delight our customers every single day.
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Proficiency in building large scale search infrastructure and knowledge of information retrieval & ranking algorithms
- Experience in distributed computing, micro-services architecture and server side technologies.
- Experience with Lucene/Solr/Elastic Search or related technologies
- Experience developing machine learning solutions
- Experience with Hadoop/Map-Reduce/Spark
- Experience with cloud-native deployment
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous development solutions Experience with alerting, monitoring and remediation automation in a large scale distributed environment
- Familiarity with A/B experimentation and data/metric-driven product development
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - working independently and/or in small teams
- Passion for building high-quality user experiences with attention to detail
Education & Experience
Master's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering, or related field and 5+ years of experience in the job offered or related occupation.