OS Performance Engineer
Santa Clara , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Sep 7, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200270991
The OS Performance team is responsible for making your iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple Watch run smoothly and speedily release after release. Come join us if you're interested in making Apple's products run as quickly and smoothly as possible while learning about a large variety of software components!
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Enjoys working in a team environment
- Interested in several areas of software (operating systems, graphics, UI Applications, ML, compilers, etc)
- Competent at C, at least one object oriented language and at least one scripting language such as Python or Ruby
- Enjoys debugging or analysis work
- Experience working on iOS, macOS or watchOS preferred
Make a difference to iOS, macOS and watchOS by collaborating with software teams all over Apple. This position will require engaging with other engineering teams to gain a deep understanding of problem domains when developing features and helping them solve those problems with performance in mind. We evangelize best practices, help teams measure and understand their performance as well as optimize their existing software. To do that as well as to help build the tools needed for analysis, a moderate amount of coding experience is required.
Education & Experience
B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or at least 2 years of industry experience