AI/ML - Machine Learning Research Engineer, Machine Translation
Seattle , Washington , United States
Machine Learning and AI
Posted: Oct 13, 2021
Role Number: 200299504
The AI/ML - Machine Translation team is looking for exceptional researchers/scientists to develop the next generation of core MT technology to allow our users to communicate across language barriers. We have opportunities for both engineering and senior researcher roles.
- Expertise in key language technologies including machine translation or natural language processing.
- Proven background in machine learning and deep learning including neural machine translation, language modeling, sequence-to-sequence models, etc.
- Hands-on experience with deep learning toolkits including Tensorflow, PyTorch, Dynet, etc.
- Ability to formulate a research problem, design, experiment, and implement solutions in C/C++/Java, Python/Perl, bash scripting, etc.
- Experience working with standard MT/NLP toolkits preferred, e.g. FairSeq, Marian, Sockeye, OpenNMT, etc.
- Design and deployment of real-world, large-scale, user-facing MT systems preferred.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
Machine Translation is a critical technology that enables connecting people across language barriers. The Apple MT organization is responsible for the R&D of state-of-the-art approaches to MT as well as applications of this technology (e.g., Translate app, Safari web page translation). We are looking for research scientists and engineers passionate about applied research in the space of MT, investigating novel modeling and learning approaches and evaluation methods. As a member of the core modeling team, you will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of language technologies and advance the edge of MT technology to tackle real-world problems. The successful candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills and be a team player. Track record of impactful contributions to the field of MT or related fields preferred for senior researchers.
Education & Experience