AI/ML - Senior Data Engineer, Siri and Language Technologies
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Machine Learning and AI
Posted: Oct 13, 2021
Role Number: 200300275
Play a part in the next revolution of human-computer interaction. Create groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, spoken language, big data, and artificial intelligence. Work with the people who created the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done - just by asking. Join the Siri Conversation team at Apple. We are looking for exceptional data engineers passionate about making data driven decisions. We are a robust team looking for engineers excited about changing the future of speech technology.
- Exceptional development experience in distributed data systems like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka and Flink.
- Experience in visualizing data to partners
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Solid mathematical foundation in statistics
- Strong coding skills in python
- Self-directed and capable of operating amid ambiguity
You will primarily be responsible for partnering with your teammates in Siri Conversation & Personalization to drive features through data driven decisions. You are expected to provide support, answer questions on how our product is performing, and to innovate in taking our data warehouse to the next level. You will be involved in designing, creating, and maintaining data pipelines that populate a petabyte scale data warehouse. You are expected to closely partner with Data Infrastructure teams to provide input to improve our platform.
Education & Experience
B.S or M.S in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics, or a related field or equivalent practical experience in data engineering.
- - Experience with SQL/Relational databases
- - Experience with manipulating massive-scale structured and unstructured data.
- - Experience with distributed data systems such as Hadoop and related technologies (Spark, Presto, Hive, etc.).
- - Experience in developing data pipelines using Spark.
- - Experience with data modeling, ETL (Extraction, Transformation & Load) concepts, and patterns for efficient data governance.
- - Experience working in the product analytics domains.
- - Experience in data visualization and dashboard design