Project / Program Manager, WW BPR - Product Strategy
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Oct 13, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200298365
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don't just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! The Worldwide Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) team is looking for an experienced supply chain professional to drive cross-functional and cross-organizational teams to enable capabilities within the supply chain that will enhance the customer experience. This individual will have the opportunity to work on transformational efforts across the Supply Chain. The ideal candidate will have deep process re-engineering experience and be self-directed, motivated, and comfortable working in an extremely fast-paced environment. Experience optimizing global supply chain and fulfillment processes, with emerging technology is preferred. Flexibility and adaptability are key attributes needed for success. This individual should also have strong analytical, project management and leadership skills to handle a variety of activities and complexities spanning the organization and be willing to work at both a very detailed and strategic level.
- Proven track record of leading strategic programs, combined with the ability to execute at tactical project-level activities and tasks
- Broad exposure to supply chain management including Order Management, Procurement, Supply Chain Operations, Logistics, and End Customer Fulfillment
- Proficient knowledge of the systems implementation and development life cycles
- Proficient at leading multiple efforts simultaneously in a global capability including working with international teams
- Ability to facilitate Brainstorming sessions to gather requirements
- Ability to perform robust business process analysis and recommend solutions
- Experience leading process improvement / continuous improvement initiatives using best of breed industrial engineering practices
- Proven ability to operate autonomously across multiple teams in a matrix organization
- Experience working on projects with teams based outside the US including international engagements
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent leadership skills that enhance project team effectiveness
- Ability to lead teams with or without direct reports; natural leader and motivator, lead through influence
Success requires an individual to think strategically, connecting the dots of the bigger picture, as well as being comfortable in the details of the all key deliverables. Candidates must be self-motivated, comfortable working with minimal direction in a global, fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment. Successful team members are consummate teammate capable of working with cross functional business teams to identify improvements and deliver capabilities that will exceed our customers expectations - Act as an advocate for functional teams to define and deliver solution capabilities (requirements, user-testing, etc.) to support the broader Supply Chain strategies - Act as a liaison between the functional teams and IS&T (Information Systems and Technology or Apple's IT organization) to ensure that the business requirements are complete and met by the proposed technology solutions - Manage change. Implement new ideas effectively within the Apple culture. Influence decisions and change management through collaboration, leadership and a customer- focused approach - Manage complex projects involving regional resources across 3 continents to major milestones. Develop project justification proposals, business cases and return on investment estimates; obtain executive approval and funding - Gather and synthesize detailed, global business requirements and design specifications - Aligning Worldwide and Regional teams to ensure enablement process and technical requirements fulfill the needs of the various Apple constituencies across the globe - Facilitate project-related testing, roll-out, training, and post-mortem work - Addresses critical issues, quickly assess and develop root cause analysis and problem solution for operations escalations
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree required, MS (in relevant fields like Industrial Engineering, Operations Research etc.) or MBA is desired.
- Minimum of 10 years in project and program management combined with logistics, supply chain, fulfillment operations, channel management highly preferred. Consulting background experience is helpful.