Location: Devens - Massachusetts
Who is Rockwell
Do you want to make a difference in the world? At Rockwell Automation you can do just that and more. Rockwell is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and sustainable. Rockwell is recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies in 2020. We place a high value on integrity which fosters an environment where all employees can and want to do their best work.
To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, please visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
What Rockwell Brings to You
Rockwell cares about our employees and our benefits package is just one way we support you. Outside the industry expected benefits, Rockwell provides paid parental leave, flexible work schedules, summer hours depending on business needs and eligibility for an annual bonus.
To learn more about our Benefits Package, please visit https://raquickfind.com/.
What Rockwell Needs from You
We need a diverse workforce to do our best work. We need the makers, the forward thinkers, the problem solvers, and everything in between. That is where you come in. We are looking for an Assembler Level 3 to join our diverse production team and be responsible for the assembly of various independent cart servo motion control products, including motors, encoders, etc. This position starts at an hourly rate of $19.04 and is paid on a weekly basis. Experience will be the determining factor.
Extra Incentives of joining our Organization:
3 weeks' vacation to start; prorated based on date of hire.
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance: effective first day of employment if you choose to enroll.
14 Paid Holidays
Paid Parental Leave policy
Employer Paid Short Term Disability
Employer Paid Life Insurance
Flexible overtime options
401K: Rockwell matches 50% of the first 7% you contribute.
This is a 1st Shift Position, Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Performs a wide variety of electronic or electro-mechanical assembly operations on assemblies or sub-assemblies. Determines and/or follows methods and sequence of operations in performing wiring, component installation, hand soldering and cable harnessing on assembly units. Makes setups and adjustments holding tolerances to blueprint specifications.
Responsibilitiesand Essential Functions:
- Performs a wide variety of electronic, mechanical or electro-mechanical assembly operations for semi-finished and finished assemblies across multiple product lines.
- Follows manufacturing methods and sequence of operations to build assemblies or sub-assemblies using hand tools, power tools, fixtures and test equipment.
- Performs visual inspections and tests electromechanical assemblies to specification using inspection equipment, test instruments and test programs.
- Sets up, integrates and operates automation equipment and systems.
- Reads and interprets electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Performs functions associated with all manufacturing operations, including rework and troubleshooting.
- Mentors and transfers knowledge to team members as required.
- Works on customer repairs.
- Works under limited supervision on a range of assignments that require a detailed understanding of the functions within that position.
- Supports up to 3 assembly areas
- Assists in the development of methods and procedures to improve manufacturing processes and product quality.
- Mentors and transfers knowledge to more junior staff members
- Overtime is an essential function of this position which typically requires 5 to 10% of standard hours of overtime/week. Actual overtime hours may vary.
- Develops and or has a strong knowledge of the company procedures, processes, and policies.
- Expected to use good judgment in resolving issues or recommending solutions.
- Strong understanding of the principles, practices, and processes in the applicable discipline and has a working understanding of related fields.
- Understands and follows 5S and LEAN principles.
- Resolves problems with assistance from peers or supervisor depending on the level and complexity.
- Provides resolutions for complex problems associated with assembling products.
- High School Diploma/GED or 2 years related experience
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Strong Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel) and database entry skills.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds and work standing as needed.
- Understanding of a formal Quality Management System such as ISO9000, AS9100 or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of 5S and Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).