Software Hybrid Test Engineer - Computer Vision
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Machine Learning and AI
Posted: Oct 14, 2021
Role Number: 200300892
The Video Computer Vision organization is working on exciting technologies for future Apple products. Our focus is on ML based solution around real time image and video. We have contributed to the FaceID and FaceKit project in the past and more recently the new LIDAR iPad sensor. Algorithms, infrastructure, quality assurance and reporting are all tightly integrated at Apple. You can expect to interact consistently with senior engineers and researchers as you develop the expertise necessary to expertly test state of the art computer vision algorithms. Through our close collaboration with the algorithm teams, we help deliver best-in-class products with commitment to code quality, testability and maintainability.
- Work with world-class computer vision engineers to understand the algorithms they develop.
- Build evaluations and metrics to quantify algorithm performance, and relate them to user experience.
- Design and implement automated systems to run your tests at scale.
- Investigate observed behaviors and gather diagnostic data to track issues to their source.
- Drive issues to closure by working with a wide range of cross-functional teams.
- 3+ years of experience in a Software Test Engineer role.
- Excellent knowledge of software testing methodologies & practices.
- Excellent knowledge of QE automation architecture, methodologies, processes, and tools.
- Ability to triage problems, prioritize accordingly, and propose resolutions.
- Experience with Python or equivalent object-orient scripting language.
As a member of the Computer Vision Test Team within Apple 's Video Computer Vision business group, the Software Hybrid Test Engineer will be responsible for building test tools and automation platforms that empower us to deliver the highest quality software for next generation products. Duties include but not limited to: Develop test plans, design test cases, and develop test applications and/or test tools. Working closely with software developers to debug issues found. Support and improve our tools for continuous integration, automated testing and release management. Maintain Continuous Integration system and configuration.
Education & Experience
BS or MS CS/CE/EE (or equivalent)