You have the skills to drive profitability through sales and the implementation of services.
Sodexo has an exciting opportunity for2 Sales Managers to join our team at the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago, IL. The John G. Shedd Aquarium is considered one of the finest event venues in the City of Chicago. Located on Lake Michigan with breathtaking views of the Chicago skyline, harbor and lake, the Shedd Aquarium is a sought after venue for upscale weddings, evening social events and galas. Azure is a joint venture between Sodexo and Shedd Aquarium. Azure's passion is helping clients bring their events and imagination to life within incredible spaces.
- Selling high-end events & catering services for weddings, social events & corporate meetings
- Full cycle sales experience - prospecting new external sales, site visits, contracts, up-selling f/b, liquor, linen, rentals, AV, etc
- Fully understand food, catering and current event trends; will have wine and spirits knowledge
- Knowledge of meeting room space configuration, space planning, catering sales, BEO & contract completion
- Responding timely to inquiries, prospecting new business, repeat business
- Strong verbal and written communication - Communicates directly with our client, corporate sponsors, board members
- Integrally involved in Marketing efforts, with focus on use of Social Media
- Prior experience networking with professional associations like CVB, Chamber, MPI, etc. is helpful
- Experience with cultural attraction sales a plus
Learn more about John G. Shedd Aquarium
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Exceptional Venues, Unforgettable Experiences:
We are proud to work with Centerplate, a Sodexo company, to bring world-class guest experiences to life at the country's top stadiums, arenas, convention centers, performing arts centers, zoos, aquariums, amusement parks and more. By understanding what matters most-to guests, to fans, to communities-we help make the most of every moment through a strategic approach to hospitality. We craft one-of-a-kind guest experiences that reflect purpose and place, so your presence is valued, your returns are rewarding and your community connections are authentic.
Working for Sodexo:
Our desire to be a leader in each of the industries where we work affords our employees the opportunity to bring on new clients in numerous areas - and continue to grow their careers in almost any direction. At Sodexo, it's possible to have multiple careers all while working for the same company. Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. We offer in-house professional development programs and support our employees who want to pursue external learning opportunities - whether you want to stay on the cutting edge or learn new skills to help you advance into a new type of role.