iPhone Hardware Validation Lead
Austin , Texas , United States
Posted: Oct 21, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200302512
Do you want to help create the next iPhone? The system integration team is looking for individuals with real passion for shipping exceptional products. As an iPhone Hardware Validation Lead, you will be a leader who is responsible for delivering electrical validation milestones from first prototype through launch in a fast-paced environment. Using interpersonal and technical skills, you will operate seamlessly with the iPhone System Integration Team to yield the highest quality results. You are someone with strong electrical engineering fundamentals, solution-driven, willing to be hands-on with debugging efforts, and able to work expertly with multiple engineering teams to close a list of critical tasks and improve our designs. In this role, you will have the opportunity to deep-dive into technical issues, develop and maintain validation automation code, and help mitigate project risks.
- Strong electrical engineering fundamentals and experience working on high-volume consumer electronics.
- Hands-on experience with hardware bring-up and bench measurements for signal and power integrity.
- Expertise with lab test set-up and equipment (e.g. digital oscilloscope, logic analyzer, power supply)
- Ability to root-cause issues and recommend design improvements.
- Familiarity with high-speed and low-speed interfaces (e.g. I2C, SPI, MIPI, PCIe).
- Experience with scripting languages and instrument automation (e.g. Python, LabView)
- Knowledge of power electronics, including DC-DC converters.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire for a fast-paced environment; calm under pressure.
- Mandarin language skills are a plus.
As Validation Leads, we love the impact we make on the products that reach our customers. Some of the things we do are: - Communicate technical risks to the project team and to management. - Define test plans that rigorously validate each subsystem and uncover underlying problems. - Get involved with hands-on debugging and prototyping of design experiments. - Innovate and implement creative validation process improvements, including automation development - Work with multi-functional development teams in the US and Asia in order to integrate their work into the project.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, EE/CE degree preferred
- - Position may require some international travel