AI/ML - Network Engineer, Information Intelligence
Seattle , Washington , United States
Machine Learning and AI
Posted: Oct 20, 2021
Role Number: 200303395
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas quickly become extraordinary user experiences. Would you be excited to take on big challenges that could create a positive impact for billions of people? Are you passionate about building elegant product experiences with a world-class engineering and design team? Apple is looking for a hardworking and energetic software engineer for the AI/ML Search Infrastructure team to participate in the architecture and development of our global network load balancing needs. Specific areas of responsibility include optimizing network performance in a multi-cloud environment for a globally distributed system. The ideal candidate should possess experience with Kernel networking and software development, design of distributed systems, deep knowledge of modern networking technologies, a proven understanding of Layer3/4 networking, load balancing, and network security.
- Knowledge of designing globally distributed systems at scale
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of software design and implementation
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Detail Oriented
- Experience programming with Go, Python, C/C++ or Java
- Experience with Kubernetes is beneficial
- Working knowledge of cloud providers such as AWS and GCP is beneficial
You are able to work in a fast paced environment, operate gracefully under stress, balance multiple assignments in parallel. You need to be self driven to be effective in an environment with little overhead. You show initiative, take ownership of a problem area, and demonstrate an ability to understand the role of the group's technology in the larger context of the product and network environment. The position has multi-functional aspects, and we're looking for someone with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Education & Experience
BS and MS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- The position involves some on-call responsibilities. We follow a standard process to limit the on-call requirement to a minimal. On average a person will be on-call one week every two months.