AI/ML - Data Scientist, ML Platform & Technology
Seattle , Washington , United States
Machine Learning and AI
Posted: Oct 21, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200292010
Apple is seeking qualified people for the position of AI/ML Data Scientist. This team improves AI/ML platform services and infrastructure by discovering, validating, and/or implementing end-to-end performance improvements of our systems and our users' code. We use analytics of our service metrics to do our work. As a member of the team, you will work on some of the most daring service improvement projects in our organization, which impact Apple's company-wide AI/ML infrastructure.
- Proficiency in data science, machine learning, and analytics, including statistical data analysis. Experience crafting, conducting, analyzing, and interpreting experiments and investigations.
- Strong programming skills, including data-querying skills (SQL and/or Spark, Hive, Trino, Notebooks) and experience with a scripting language for data processing and development (e.g., Python, R, or Scala).
- Familiarity with REST APIs and compute architecture
- Good judgment balancing art and science when visually communicating information (Tableau, Superset, ggplot, D3).
- 5+ years of proven experience building data science-driven solutions to solve business problems.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to naturally explain difficult technical topics to everyone from data scientists to engineers to business partners and leaders.
- Previous experience driving cross-functional projects from beginning to productization.
In this role, you will research and develop innovative strategies for challenging problems that will affect future Apple products. You will collaborate with broader teams across Apple to transfer AI/ML solutions. You will have opportunities to provide technical mentorship and guidance and prepare technical reports for publication and conference talks. You are self-motivated, an excellent problem solver, a go-getter. You are quick to build relationships and work well with change and ambiguity. You have strong programming skills with tried experience crafting, prototyping, and delivering advanced algorithmic solutions. ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Excellent programming skills in Python, Scala
Familiarity with Spark, Hive, Trino, Notebooks
Knowledge of common ML models and frameworks
Previous work optimizing code on GPUs
Strong writing and presentation skills
Education & Experience
Pursuing Ph.D., Masters, or Bachelors degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics or related areas.