Americas Product Launch Readiness Manager
Austin , Texas , United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Posted: Oct 21, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200303938
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you will accomplish. You will lead a team of Readiness Program Managers focused on operational excellence to deliver flawless new product launches. You will have a direct role in leading the performance of a few of the product launches. The role requires a thorough understanding of supply chain operations and program management.
- Commmunication is key: crisp and concise verbal and written updates for executive stakeholders. Synthesize complex information to enable timely executive decisions.
- Leverage experience across products to drive standardization and process improvement.
- Listen to alternate viewpoints from cross functional business partners and communicate effectively while building and preserving relationships.
- Demonstrate in-depth end to end understanding of a Plan of Record (POR) and execution planning processes.
- Demonstrate impeccable attention to detail and accuracy in team members' deliverables as well as driving detail in own work.
- Connect the dots between individual team members tracks to see around corners and anticipate challenges across POR. Understands implication of POR decisions on customers as well as downstream Apple teams.
- Develop and communicate team strategy and decisions, prioritizing actions in line with overall direction.
- Transform complex, ambiguous information into well-structured, simple guidance that focuses on key elements while filtering out the irrelevant.
- Able to prioritize work for self as well as partner teams in line with business goals and objectives. Effectively anlayzing which process gaps/improvement opportunities to address and prioritize with impacted teams.
- Continuously look for efficiency opportunities either through automation, tools or management systems.
The Americas Readiness team will drive and oversee new product introductions throughout the Americas region, with project scope focusing on the period between production ramp and product on-shelf. In this position, the candidate will lead a team of Program Managers who are responsible for a team of functional experts, as well as their Worldwide counterparts, and will define the Plan of Record (POR) that will be used to drive their project. The Americas Readiness Manager will stitch the business processes of contributing teams across the operations organization and be expected to apply this knowledge to minimize risk and maximize success by enabling their team. The successful candidate will have demonstrated very strong leadership capabilities, is capable of leading in both strategic and tactical situations, and adept in handling situations both vertically and laterally in the organization. The candidate must be capable of building positive relationships with business partners both within and outside of our organization, demonstrating unyielding ownership and accountability, and using these strengths to influence the direction of the business in the function they support.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree required. MBA or Advanced degree a plus.