Executive Assistant to VP
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Sales and Business Development
Posted: Oct 26, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200304546
The people here at Apple don't just build products - they craft the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple's Sales organization generates the revenue needed to fuel our ongoing development of products and services. This in turn, enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. Our sales team, is in many ways, the face of Apple to our largest customers. The scope of the position will focus on providing support to a senior leader who has commercial activities across US and WW strategic teams. The teams work very closely with other leaders across the regions. The role will report directly to the VP responsible for Education, Health and Government.
- Relevant experience of high-level, complex administration work at a senior level.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Excellent networking skills with key business partners throughout Apple.
- Global awareness, time zones, culture, logistics.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written involving high-level communications with internal and external contacts.
- Effective time management, uses initiative to prioritize workload and execute against multiple projects and deadlines and meet these.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, anticipate issues, stay calm under pressure and work within ambiguity.
- Interpersonal/relationship building skills/proactive collaboration with the team.
- Exceptional assessment and organizational skills; attention to detail and excellent follow-through.
- Demonstrates ability to take initiative, anticipate needs and exercise independent/sound judgment.
- Demonstrates passion for learning new things, continuous improvement, sharing best practice.
- Direct experience taking care of sensitive and conflicting situations in a diplomatic manner.
- Proven experience creating spreadsheets and composing/creating content, texts and special reports.
- Keynote, Pages and Numbers skills required.
- Determined, self-motivated and eager to take on new challenges.
- Ability to influence others; manage conflict appropriately, know when to delegate issues upward.
- Ability to anticipate change and react efficiently & expeditiously.
- Experience in an EA role at Apple is preferred
- Experience as an EA to a Senior Leader is preferred.
- Experience of working with emerging markets is required - awareness of working within the differing cultures of emerging markets - holidays, working patterns, customs etc.
- Experience of working with remote teams.
- Patience and a great sense of humor!
Description This position is expected to provide first class administrative support to the VP of Education, Health and Government. You will take responsibility for scheduling and managing demanding calendars, and interacting daily with other EAs across Apple both locally and internationally. You will be accountable for arranging and coordinating: Intricate international and domestic travel, accommodations and all trip logistics Event-manage business meetings, offsite conferences, all hands events, etc. The timing and logistics of staff meetings. Meetings via face to face, VC and conference call. Assistance required for visitors from foreign / home office as necessary. As an experienced Executive Assistant, you will provide accounting support including raising purchase requisitions, Apple Own Use orders, Goods Receipts, creating new vendors, expense reports, etc. This role requires someone who can operate with the utmost discretion, which is paramount the handling and maintenance of highly confidential and sensitive information. You will be results-oriented, diligent and works with a sense of urgency. A proven ability to effectively organize, prioritize and handle multiple assignments simultaneously and meet deliverables under tight deadlines is essential. This role requires critical thinking to understand the business group and pre-empt the needs of the Leader. You are an innovator who considers the 'big picture' and evaluates ways to get things done effectively and efficiently. This role requires a self-starter attitude with the ability to learn and bring themselves up to speed very quickly.
Education & Experience
University degree, or equivalent experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.